How to Record a Violation
- Choose (or search) the license plate number for the car violating parking policies.
- Select Record Violation.
- Select the reason the vehicle is in violation.
- Add notes (the person receiving the violation can see these notes).
- Attach any images (up to 5) BEST PRACTICE - Always add images for cars being towed when they are parked in a fire lane or any other space otherwise designated for special use, like a handicapped parking space. Always include a picture of the license plate. Ensure that the photos are clear and show that the vehicle is in violation, including any applicable signage.
- Add the Parking Boss Warning sticker number (optional) - see here.
- Select RECORD VIOLATION button to save.
- Place the Parking Boss Warning sticker or other citation on the vehicle. BEST PRACTICE - Place the paper citations under the driver's side windshield wiper. Place sticker citations on the driver's side window, not blocking the side-view mirror or in any location that could obstruct the view of a driver (see below).
If you accidentally issue a violation to the wrong vehicle, provide the details to the Community Manager or other Parking Boss account Manager and they can remove the violation from the vehicle's history.